Monday, October 12, 2015

Braised Winter Cabbage and potatoes (Sparkles)

Announcement: this takes about two hours so plan ahead, unlike me. I may pass out from hunger before this is done. I know, I know, the authors SAID to read the whole recipe before cooking.  They also say give cabbage a chance and I agree. 
. I'm working on some teachers pay teachers stuff and watching glee on Netflix while Jason works late so I will try to stay distracted while this cooks.  I think I will put thousand island dressing in some of this when it comes out - you could make a vegan one- it has egg yolk in it. 

I  am also dog sitting and these guys are getting along - Mister Slinky and Lilly already ate dinner. Maybe I will eat this tomorrow. I ate some cucumber and shockingly it did not make me feel like I could wait another hour to eat. 

Update: delicious! Great with hot sauce! This is a good one for a winter potluck! 

1 comment:

  1. Cucumber is like eating air!

    I seem to only use cabbage in slaw. I guess I need to give it a chance!

    ReplyDelete