Sunday, August 16, 2015

Silky Roasted Bell Pepper Pasta with Zucchini and Basil Ribbons (Kacie)

Happy Sunday! We decided to go to the zoo for a family fun day. George starts his teaching schedule tomorrow, so we wanted to celebrate the last day of "summer," Quotations marks because he has been working for 2 weeks, but meetings are different from getting used to the usual grind.

Well, apparently, this is the weekend that the zoo is free for everyone in Fulton County. We are members, and we go to the zoo a ton. I have never seen it like this. I think it's AWESOME to provide the zoo free for everyone for a weekend, but I also didn't want to stay. So, we wandered through Grant Park, watched a little bike racing, and ate burritos instead. On the way home, the boys napped, and that gave me a chance to run into Whole Foods while George was in the car with them and get some of those weird ingredients. Millet is mine!! as is nutritional yeast, Braggs Aminos, lavender, and somehow a snickerdoodle ice cream sandwich with salted caramel ice cream snuck in the mix! I love that place.

When we got home, Mom asked if we wanted to join them for Sunday dinner. I love Sunday dinner, so we said yes! My brother and his buddy played with the boys, while I made the pasta dish.

It was fun burning the red peppers to make it! 

Here's Sunday dinner--yum!

Here is the dish:

I also used my vegetti (I also LOVE that thing!), It was really good, and you wouldn't guess that instead of cream and milk there is nutritional yeast and tofu. Or maybe you would, but it's still good.

It needs a bit more seasoning, and I was a little rushed, and didn't do much tasting of it. It will probably need more garlic, salt, and pepper, and then it will be really yummy. I'll play around with the leftovers for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment